Rental Application Process & Policies-All prospective tenants of Gunnison Real Estate and Rentals are required to submit a fully completed Rental Application with a $50.00 non-refundable fee to be eligible for consideration of tenancy. Application fees must be paid before the application will be processed and rental terms will not be discussed until any/all applicants have been approved through our process.
- All properties are first-come, first-serve. You are not first if you do not have an approved application. It is only after we have an approved application that you are considered a customer. In order to take the listing off our rental list, a non-refundable reservation fee is required to secure the unit for your move-in date. This fee is transferable and will act as your security deposit upon move-in. If you put a reservation fee down and later decide you do not want to move into that particular property that you put a reservation fee down on, you will not receive that fee back. Reservation fees are held until the unit is re-rented and prorated daily amount for the unoccupied time will be deducted from the fee.
- We do not rent sight unseen. You must put your eyes physically on the unit you would like to secure.
- We do not maintain a list of prospective tenants for consideration in different units. If you are interested in renting from Gunnison Real Estate and Rentals please be diligent about checking the list for available rentals. This is a live page and is updated as needed.
- The first month’s rent and equivalent security deposit are both required upon move-in for all rentals with the potential that the last month’s rent be paid in advance pending application status.
- “Pets negotiable or welcome” means that a pet must qualify with our company or have references. An additional refundable $300 pet deposit must be paid for pets over 1 year old or a non-refundable pet fee of $300 for pets under 1 year old. On select properties, the “pet rent” charge is $15-$35/month per pet in addition to our published rental rate. A payment schedule can be put in place for those needing additional time to pay said deposits/fees. We also require that all pets and emotional support animals be screened and that can be done by clicking on this link: Pet Screening.
- Most of our properties will require a one-year lease but occasionally some properties can be negotiated. The only units that are rentable on a month-to-month basis are our Mountainaire units.
- Gunnison Real Estate & Rentals requires tenants to process a move in inspection as well as quarterly inspections of the unit you reside in. This is done with an inspection app which you will be provided upon move in.
- Rent is due on the 1st of every month with a grace period until 5 pm on the 7th. A late fee of $50.00 or 5% whichever is lesser of the two is charged if rent is not paid before the end of business on the 7th. These late fees are expected to be paid with rent. We no longer accept payments in the office but do accept payments online via ACH with no fee, a debit/credit card with a 3.5% , or cash payments via “CheckFree Pay” at Walmart or City Market for $4.00 fee. NO PAYMENTS ARE ACCEPTED IN OUR OFFICE.
- We have an app! This can be used to generate service/maintenance issues, process payments, view your account and transactions. Please reach out to the office for details, or go directly here to get the app.
- When you have a move in date set with our office make sure you have forwarded a copy of your utility confirmation from the City of Gunnison, Gunnison County Electric Association, and/or Atmos Energy showing you have put the proper utilities in a lease holders name. Also, we require Renters Insurance for all parties on the lease, and Gunnison Real Estate and Rentals must be listed as “Additional Interest.”
- Upon move-out, your unit must be clean and move-in-ready for the next tenant. If you have not fulfilled our company standards, we charge $25-60/hr. for cleaning, $40-65/hr. for maintenance work, $40-65/hr. for painting, and $25-30/hr. for any additional clerical work. All of the carpets in our units must be professionally cleaned by a licensed and insured cleaner. Rug Doctors and other carpet cleaning devices are unacceptable. We recommend The Finest Detail (970-417-8462) or Mountain Clean (970-641-3767) and Chem Dry (970-641-3151) for carpets. This is who we recommend hiring before you move out and will be who we hire if your unit is not move-in ready to complete the necessary cleaning. If you would like some guidelines as to what we expect on a move-out please view our Check Out Checklist guide.
- If you wish to be present during the final checkout walk-through, you must schedule a walk-through time and date through the office at 970-641-4880. PLEASE come by the office to make sure you understand all proper move-out procedures and obtain a cleaning guide in order to ensure the fullest security refund possible. We are here to help make move-out as smooth and complete as possible.
Normal Office Hours
Monday – Friday 9 AM- 5 PM
After-Hours & Weekend Showings
By appointment only